1. The SGA General Body Meeting will be Thursday, December 14th at noon in MERB 105! We're trying a lunchtime meeting to make it more convenient for the M1s and 2s so join us to talk about any issues with transitioning leadership and other fun things. P.S. Please take pictures of your events and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org to be put in the yearbook!
2. FINAL reminder about the food AND coat drive benefitting Philabundance from 11/20-12/8 in the MERB lobby! Any dried foods that are also nutritious are welcome! For students and faculty not regularly in MERB, there is also an Amazon wish list!! Just add the item to your cart from the wish list and it’ll be shipped straight to the school. Please write the name of your college in the gift receipt.
3. In order to be able to better price tickets for FORMAL @ Spirit of Philadelphia on Friday February 16, 2018 starting at 8 PM, we need a tentative count of how many people are interested in coming. If a private party on a boat with all your closest med school friends sounds like fun, please fill out this spreadsheet if you have not already!
4. Student Org Leaders: Just a reminder that on Thursday we will be cleaning out the storage closet on the third floor of MERB. If your organization has items that they wish to keep, please remove them from the closet so they are not disposed of. If there are exceedingly large items, please mark accordingly that you wish to keep the item and indicate with your name, organization, and date.
Now for the fun stuff this week. Remember to check the calendar before you go to an event in case anything has changed between now and then!:
- Spanish Lunch Talk @ MERB 319
- Health and Wellness Club: What the Health @ MERB 317 A/B
- IMIG: Stress Relief Lunch @ MERB 342
- Medical Students for Choice: Abortion Stories, a talk with a curator Sarah Vilendrer @ MERB 217
- Narrative Medicine Workshop @ MERB 246A [In the Library]
- Plastic Surgery Interest Group: Micro- and Reconstructive Surgery @ MERB 319 A/B
- UHBIG: Community Health Worker’s Lunch Talk @ MERB 217
- Free bagels @ SFC! 7-9am
- Therapy Dogs in the Library!! 2-4pm
- Babcock Surgical Society: Suturing Workshop @ MERB 319 A/B
- OIG: Orthopedic Summer Research Program Information Session @ MERB 219
- Temple University Neurological Surgery Society: Neurosurgery’s Resident Panel @ MERB 217
Your SGA Executive Board
Andrew Esposito, President, MS4
David Ianacone, Vice President, MS4
Charles Cole, Tresurer, MS3
Meghan McDonald, Secretary, MS3
Brent Halsey, Community Service Chair, MS3
Anita Wamakima, Webmaster, MS2
Carlos Romero, Captain of the "Spirit of Philadelphia", MS2
John Pisan, MS1 Class President, MS1
Lewis Katz SOM