Below are the weekly announcements for the upcoming week. Please submit all events for the weekly email by clicking on this link for the announcement submission form by 5:00 pm on Sunday. When requesting a room in the Estes building, use the room reservation form. Please submit reimbursements to Dr. Dave using the reimbursement form. Check out all upcoming events at St. Luke's on our SGA calendar. If you are a student leader, please refer to the student org leaders google drive folder. More resources for SGA can be found in our SGA google drive folder.
Your SGA class officers,
Jonathan Hunt, MS4
Yamini Kathari, MS4
Dhanu Thiyagarajan, MS3
Madeline Lederer, MS2
1. Barriers in Healthcare for LGBTQ Patients - 12:00p, Wednesday 8/23 @ Estes Lecture Room (room TBA)
This talk will be given by Amanda Porter and Corrine Goodwin, representations from Lehigh Valley Renaissance. LV Renaissance is a transgender support group that aims to provide nonjudgmental support to transgender individuals and education to our community. They will lead a group conversation on how gender identity affects interactions with healthcare providers and the healthcare system. We are keeping this talk as informal and as conversational as possible, so bring your questions! Lunch will be provided.
Contact: Emily Du, email@example.com
2. Health Advocacy Resource at Temple/St. Luke's (HEARTS) Clinic Volunteer Orientation - 9:00a, Saturday 8/26 @ Broughal Middle School, 114 W Morton St, Bethlehem
The annual HEARTS Clinic Orientation will be held Saturday, August 26th from 9am-12p! All medical students interested in clinic participation are highly encouraged to attend as there will be many new and radical changes to how the clinic functions this year and to the roles and responsibilities you will be taking as the provider for the patient. A light wholesome Dunkin Donuts breakfast will be provided.
Contact: Jon Hunt, firstname.lastname@example.org
Research Events and Opportunities
1. PLEASE COMPLETE: Research Project Database
As part of our mission to provide and continually enhance student research opportunities and experience, we ask your help in building a database of Temple/St. Luke's student research projects. Please submit this form for each research project in which you have been involved: https://goo.gl/forms/k4etIqJJoqvL23Ri2. Dr. Rosenfeld and Dr. Dave are available for any questions.
St. Luke's Health Network Activities and Events
1. Lehigh Valley Zoo's 8th Annual Run Wild - 8:00a, Sunday 8/20 @ Lehigh Valley Zoo
2. Run with the Heroes - 7:30a, Saturday 9/16 @ 7:30a @ Sand Island
3. 13th Annual Contemporary Issues in Trauma 2017 - 7:00a Friday 10/6 @ ArtsQuest Center