- Pick Up Volleyball SFC Gym (3-5)
- Learn about Club Finances with Kara SFC Auditorium (12-12:30): each club should try to have at least one M1 leader present!
- Pick Up Soccer SFC Gym (5-7)
Check out this page for Grand Rounds and other school wide events here: https://events.temple.edu/department/school-of-medicine
Thanks for reading,
Welcome back everyone and Happy New Year!
A couple overall announcements:
1. Club Transitions due by Monday January 6 at midnight! Please email me the new leadership with emails, faculty advisor (CC'd to the email) and the constitution.
2. SNMA Embroidered White Coat Pick Up on Tuesday 1/7 and Wednesday 1/8 from 12pm -1pm in the MERB lobby.
- Breakfast in the Lobby (7:30-8:00) - courtesy of Student Affairs!
- Pizza Lunch 2nd floor and MERB Lobby (12-1) - also from Student Affairs
- Center for Urban Bioethics Advocacy in Medicine Talk with Prof Strand (12-1)
- Temple Arts Talent Show MERB 305 (12:00) - Make sure to tell all your friends about it and come support all the talented individuals taking part. Acts range from singing to dancing to cake baking. We are going to have tons of fun and plenty of pizza. We hope to see you all there.
And that's it!
- (for M2s) Study Planning and How to Use UWorld MERB 305 (12:15-1:15)
- Diversity Dialogues (12-1) Please email Diversityandequity@temple.edu
to RSVP so they know how much food to get!
Indoor soccer (5-7)
Stay tuned for info next week about Club Transitions - deadline to find M1 leadership will be Monday Jan 6.
And that's it! Have a wonderful winter break!
Hope everyone had a great few days off with lots of turkey or tofurky or however you celebrated!
- Narrative Medicine Workshop (12-1)
- Puentes de Salud Documentary Screening MERB 317 A/B (12-1)
- Studying and Stress Management Strategies for the Stressed Med Student with Dr. Erkmen (thoracic surgeon at Temple) MERB 219 (12-1)
- Pick-Up Volleyball SGC Gym (3-5)
- Plastic Surgery IG Beyond Aesthetics MERB 219 (12-1)
- Orthopaedic IG Orthopaedic Trauma MERB 219 (12-1)
- December SGA GBM - we will be electing the 2020-2021 E-board! MERB 217 (12-1)
Thanks for reading!
Short week this week - Happy Thanksgiving!
- Diversity Dialogues MERB 341 (12-1) Please email Diversityandequity@temple.edu to RSVP so they know how much food to get!
- SAHSA Diwali Mixer MERB 219 (12-1)
- Pick-Up Volleyball SFC Gym (3-5)
That's it for this week!
Some other exciting things coming up that you should register/look out for are below:
1. Registration for LKSOM's narrative medicine conference is open! We are looking forward to making this conference an enriching and exciting experience for everyone. Please register as soon as possible; the conference is on December 7 and spaces are limited. Visit our website for all the details, or register here: https://www.lksomnarrativemedicine.org/registration. Looking forward to seeing you there!
2. Please join the LKSOM AADMD chapter in TAKING THE PLUNGE at Drexel's Polar Bear Plunge 2019! We're #FreezinForAReason to support inclusion and Special Olympics athletes in Philly. Money raised through this event will ensure quality training, competition, leadership training, and health initiatives. When: Friday December 6th 5-7pm Where: 3301 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104 (Drexel's recreation center) Cost: $5 to sign up, fundraise $35 to plunge/get a tshirt. Join Team LKSOM as a university student plunger here: https://www.classy.org/event/2019-philadelphia-polar-plunge/e241272/register/new/select-tickets
That's it for now - thanks for reading and have a great holiday!
Lewis Katz SOM