Hello St. Luke's students,
Below are the weekly announcements for the upcoming week. Please submit all events for the weekly email by clicking on this link for the announcement submission form by 5:00 pm on Sunday. When requesting a room in the Estes building, use the room reservation form. Please submit reimbursements to Ana Ruela [Ana.Ruela@sluhn.org] using the reimbursement form. Check out all upcoming events at St. Luke's on our SGA calendar. If you are a student leader, please refer to the student org leaders google drive folder. More resources for SGA can be found in our SGA google drive folder.
1. September HEARTS Clinic- 8:00 am, Saturday 9/16 Broughal Middle School, 114 W Morton St, Bethlehem
The September HEARTS clinic will be held on Saturday, September 16th at Broughal Middle School. Students have the option of serving as: (1) A student-clinician - Taking on one's own patients and practicing H&P's; (2) A Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) student-lecturer - Teaching a pre-written interactive Lifestyle Change Curriculum for 1 hour, followed by assisting with a cooking class and demonstration. We are looking forward to having a great clinic! Please sign up using the following link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lxBkakeE4J5RtvqpJBLWCSEjKXIeneBN8PSUTt1fzr8/edit#gid=583686029
Research Events and Opportunities
1. EM Residency: September Journal Club and September and October Grand Rounds - See attached materials for abstracts and list of journal articles to be discussed.
2. Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Grand Rounds: "Understanding and Handling the Current Opioid Crisis"- 7am-8am, Wednesday 9/6- Bethlehem Campus Education Center: Lecture Room 2 - See attached flier for more information.
St. Luke's Health Network Activities and Events
1. Saucon Rail Trail 10K - 8:30a, Monday 9/4 @ Upper Saucon Park
Are you interested in participating in a fun race that benefits St. Luke’s cancer patients? If so, join us for the Tail on the Trail approved Saucon Rail Trail 10k. St. Luke’s has partnered with HCM Foundation on this race, and all proceeds will be set aside for our cancer patients. HCM Foundation is a local 501(c)3 non-profit whose mission is to provide opportunities and financial support to cancer patients, survivors, and their families. Through their generosity, our patients have been able to get assistance with medical bills/co-pays, rent, utilities, and other expenses. (http://hcmfoundation.org/events/saucon-rail-trail-10k/) All are welcome to participate! Just note that if you walk, the road crossings will be unsupported after 10am (15min mile pace). After 10am, please use caution and obey all rules of the road and trail.
All Student Org Leaders - Temple/St. Luke's
St. Luke's SGA Information
2. Run with the Heroes - 7:30a, Saturday 9/16 @ 7:30a @ Sand Island
3. 5th Annual Blue Ribbon 5K Race and Family Fun Walk - 7a to 11a, Saturday 9/24 @ Anderson Campus Cancer Center
It's that time of year again to recruit our super friendly volunteers! Please contact Jen Jones in radiation oncology with any availability you may have to help out that morning. Any help that day is greatly appreciated. This event is not possible without our amazing volunteers.
Contact: Jen Jones, Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org
4. 13th Annual Contemporary Issues in Trauma 2017 - 7:00a Friday 10/6 @ ArtsQuest Center
St. Luke's SGA
This will be another avenue for St. Luke's students to be kept up to date with the St. Luke's SGA.