Hello all! Congrats to all of the MS4s who ma']['ched!!
1. Best of luck to everyone taking exams this week!
2. The Genetics in Medicine group is partnering with ISGP, Drexel Med and Penn Center for precision Medicine to present a virtual conference on Tuesday March 27th on Precision Medicine. Its completely online and can be live streamed from Facebook at Facebook.com/ISGPforum.
3. The Center for the Humanities at Temple University invites you to attend the CHAT Graduate Fellows Conference entitled "Being Human: Life, Death and Discourse"on March 23rd 1-4pm in the CHAT Lounge on Gladfelter Hall, 10th Floor.
This year's CHAT symposium, "Being Human: Life, Death, and Discourse" to be held on March 23 from 1-4 PM will feature three speakers from different disciplines, addressing distinct yet overlapping questions related to human representations and conceptions of life and death.
1. The SGA General Body meeting will be this Tuesday in MERB 105 at noon!
2. FIMRC will be holding two events this week, check out the flyers for more details! First is the Venmo Penny Wars with the other health science schools starting March 12th and going until March 23rd. All proceeds will go towards creating baby shower baskets for expecting mothers in Huancayo, Peru.
FIMRC is also bringing back waffles back to the MERB Lobby with a special St. Patty's Day theme! We will be hosting the fundraiser on March 15th, from 7:30 AM - 11:00 Am. All proceeds will go towards the Ecuador trip this summer.
3. Two MS4’s are holding a meditation class for MS2’s prepping to take Step 1. It will be on 3/14 from 12-1 pm in MERB 119D
Now for the events this week, remember to check the calendar for updates!
- LMSA Spanish Lunch Talk in MERB 319
- IHO: Global Health as a Career Path w/ Dr. Garg in MERB 317A/B
- UHBIG: Addiction Medicine Talk w/ Dr. O'Gurek
Have a great week!
Your SGA Executive Board
Andrew Esposito, President, MS4
David Ianacone, Vice President, MS4
Charles Cole, Tresurer, MS3
Meghan McDonald, Secretary, MS3
Brent Halsey, Your Favorite Leprechaun, MS3
Anita Wamakima, Webmaster, MS2
Carlos Romero, MS2 Class President, MS2
John Pisan, MS1 Class President, MS1
1. Two MS4’s are holding a meditation class for MS2’s prepping to take Step 1. It will be once a week 2/28, 3/7, 3/14 from 12-1 pm; 3/7 - Room 342
2. The next SGA Meeting will be 3/13 at noon in MERB 105. We will be talking about some updates to the constitution and the election process for a new executive board!
3. Title: High Yield Step 1 Review- Heme/Onc and Repro
When/Where: Monday, March 5th from 3p-5pm in MERB 119D
Description: Your MS4 Step 1 Study Assistants are leading a high yield review session on Heme/Onc and Repro topics with embedded review questions. Contact email@example.com with questions or for personalized assistance
4. FIMRC is hosting a Treat Yo Self! Candygram in the MERB Lobby TODAY from 12 - 1 PM where we will be selling bags of candy. Proceeds will go towards funding the FIRMC trip to Ecuador this coming summer.
Lewis Katz SOM