Happy (almost) Halloween !
1. The next SGA GBM is this Wednesday, 11/1, at 5:15 in Kresge B. Remember, if you are starting a new group, 4 interested students must sign in for the new group or email me! This will be a quick one! :D
2. Shout out to the first year PA students who are realizing how the next 10 months of their lives are going to look!
And finally, this weeks goingz-on:
- Med Students For Choice: “TRAPPED” Screening and Lunch in MERB 219
- Halloween! Wear your best and most appropriate for school costume!
- Emergency Medicine Lunch Talk with Dr. Wald in MERB 219
- Spanish Lunch Talks every Tuesday all levels welcome MERB 317
Best of luck to basically everyone in the school for your exam this week!! And CONGRA']['S to the new MS1 class representatives and Honor Board!! We're excited to work with you!
1. The next monthly SGA General Body meeting will be Wednesday, November 1st at 5:15pm in KRESGE B. If you are interested in starting a new student group, please respond to this email if you haven't told me already.
2. The PA program is going to wear pink on Wednesday for breast cancer awareness, medical students are encouraged to join!
Now for the fun stuff this week. Remember to check the calendar before you go to an event in case anything has changed between now and then!:
Quick reminder that we're all in this together so help each other out! As always, some announcements and then the weekly happenings!
1. The monthly SGA General Body meeting was last Wednesday, here's what happened:
- voted in the updated constitution which will shortly be updated on the website.
- Rebecca Lesperance from the SFC went over the process of requesting funding for group events. If you have any questions contact Charles Cole
2. Please respond to this email if you are considering starting a new student group or if you are hosting an event that is not on the calendar but you would like it to be announced in this email!
Happy Columbus Day!
As always, some announcements and then the weekly happenings!
1. The monthly SGA General Body meeting is this Wednesday (10/11) at 5:15pm in MERB 105! We will be finalizing the voting on the updated constitution, and if you are thinking about starting a new group you should come to this meeting! Also, Rebecca Lesperance from the SFC will be giving a student org officers training.
2. The SFC is advertising this charity to help people affected by hurricane Irma, check it out if you are interested in donating! https://www.globalgiving.org/projects/hurricane-irma-relief-fund/
PLEASE CONSIDER SUBMITTING A POSTER! The deadline has been extended to Friday October 13th! Thank you…
Calling on medical student creativity to get involved with the promotion of mental health and well-being at the Delaware Valley area medical schools!
Elephant in the room: A situation that is very obvious but not discussed or addressed.
We are looking for medical students in the Delaware Valley to create, vote on, and select a poster that uses the theme of “the elephant in the room” to raise awareness about the need to care for one’s mental wellness, and remind fellow medical students that it is ok to seek help.
The hope is that this campaign will serve to both recognize and diminish the stigma associated with seeking help.
The designers of the winning poster will receive recognition at an all Delaware Valley medical school event on November 1st at The College of Physicians of Philadelphia, and will receive a prize. The winning poster will be displayed in all of the Delaware Valley medical schools.
Want more information?
Visit http://collegeofphysicians.org/dvmswc to see full contest information. All submissions are due by October 13, 2017.
Please contact Dianne Butera at email@example.com with any questions. Thank you!
Lewis Katz SOM