1. TL;DR: write a letter to Santa Claus and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org OR write a letter to Santa Claus in the lounge on Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday to help one of our St. Christopher’s patients with his project to raise money for Make-a-wish!! THERE ARE NO RULES TO THESE LETTERS! Yours can say “Yo, Santa. I want an A on my Biochem final. Kthxbye.” See P.S. for more details!
2. The SGA General Body Meeting will be THIS Thursday, December 14th at noon in MERB 105! We're trying a lunchtime meeting to make it more convenient for the M1s and 2s so join us to talk about any issues with transitioning leadership and other fun things. P.S. Please take pictures of your events and send them to email@example.com to be put in the yearbook!
3. MS3&4 CHAT WITH THE DEANS: Thursday, December 14th in 217 MERB. Lunch will be served.
4. FORMAL!: Join us on Friday, February 16 for a ~private~ cruise on the Spirit of Philadelphia, complete with 2 dance floors, FULL open bar, 3 course meal, a rooftop lounge and foosball tables! Tickets for the event are $65 each. Fill out this google form and pay for your ticket to reserve your spot. Note there is a 450 person limit so buy your tickets early!
- APSA:How to Spend Your Summer: Research, Medicine Abroad, or at the Beach? @ MERB 319 C/D
- JSU: Hanukkah Lunch! @ MERB 219
- LGBTQ and Allies in Medicine: LGBTQ Youth Talk with Joanne Glusman @ MERB 119D
- Spanish Lunch Talk @ MERB 319
- Student Interest Group in Neurology (SIGN):Brain that Changes Itself – Documentary Viewing @ MERB 317 A/B
- Best of Luck MS2s on your exam!!
- DIG: Dermatology Lunch Talk with Dr. Hsu @ MERB 217
- IMIG: IV Workshop @ MERB 358
- Pediatrics Interest Group: OUTBREAK: A case study @ MERB 219
- SMIG: Concussions Talk @ MERB 319 A/B
- SGA GBM @ MERB 105
- OIG: Lunch Talk with Dr. Solarz @ MERB 319 A/B
Have a great week!
Your SGA Executive Board
Andrew Esposito, Latkah Lover, MS4
David Ianacone, Vice President, MS4
Charles Cole, Candle Lighter #4, MS3
Meghan McDonald, Dreidel Spinner, MS3
Brent Halsey, Gift Receiver, MS3
Anita Wamakima, Menorah Master, MS2
Carlos Romero, Fiesta of Lights, MS2
John Pisan, Knows the real spelling of "Chanukah", MS1
P.S. A couple months ago, some M1s and M2s cooked Halloween dinner for the St. Christopher’s patients and families staying at the Ronald McDonald House. During the meal I sat down with a kid named Brayden wearing a Shane Victorino jersey and his mom and we got to talking (because who doesn’t love the Flyin’ Hawaiian?). Anyway, they were kind enough to share their story with me (see story below!), and we talked about some amazing things Brayden has gotten to go through the Make-A-Wish Foundation (they flew his whole family to Florida so Brayden could live out his dreams as a dolphin trainer!!!). This is where you guys come in. Every year since his wish in 2012, Brayden has collected letters to Santa Claus to raise money for Make-A-Wish. They turn the letters in at Macy’s and Make-A-Wish gets $1 per letter. Obviously, Brayden and his mom asked me if I could have my classmates help write letters, since they are part of the Temple family.
I will have a festive box, paper, and crayons in the lounge Monday through Wednesday this week!!! And if you aren’t coming to campus, email me your letter(s) and I will print them! Once again, these letters don’t need to be complicated! And feel free to write letters on behalf of others! Let’s give Brayden an amazing Christmas present from his TUSM family!!!