Welcome Back from SGA
Welcome back LKSOM!
As your new SGA, we just wanted to say we are so excited for the upcoming year and wish you all the best! Here are some quick announcements:
1. The College Tournament is this Friday, August 11th starting at 1:30 in the MERB lobby! Join your college in competing for the ultimate prize: the glory of being the best college of LKSOM! And there are other sweet prizes too!
2. Student Org Leaders: The first SGA General Body meeting will be on Wednesday, August 23rd at 5:15pm in MERB 105. Most months they will be on the first Wed of the month, same time and place, but since our fearless leader will be on the West Coast we are moving up the Sept. meeting. See you there to discuss some significant updates to the constitution!
3. Remember to subscribe to the SGA calendar to have quick and easy access to all of the free foods LKSOM has to offer! Just click "subscribe" on the bottom right to add it to your google or apple calendar!
4. MS2s/PA2s (and interested MS/PA1s): Please take this ONE QUESTION survey to let me know how you would prefer to receive information from SGA! If the weekly announcements are useful we shall continue that but if you have other ideas send them our way!
Hello St. Luke's students,
Below are the weekly announcements for the upcoming week. Please submit all events for the weekly email by clicking on this link for the announcement submission form by 5:00 pm on Sunday. When requesting a room in the Estes building, use the room reservation form. Please submit reimbursements to Dr. Dave using the reimbursement form. Check out all upcoming events at St. Luke's on our SGA calendar. If you are a student leader, please refer to the student org leaders google drive folder. More resources for SGA can be found in our SGA google drive folder.
Your SGA class officers,
Jonathan Hunt, MS4
Yamini Kathari, MS4
Dhanu Thiyagarajan, MS3
Madeline Lederer, MS2
Campus Activities and Events
Research Events and Opportunities
1. PLEASE COMPLETE: Research Project Database
As part of our mission to provide and continually enhance student research opportunities and experience, we ask your help in building a database of Temple/St. Luke's student research projects. Please submit this form for each research project in which you have been involved: https://goo.gl/forms/k4etIqJJoqvL23Ri2. Dr. Rosenfeld and Dr. Dave are available for any questions.
St. Luke's Health Network Activities and Events
1. Backpacks to Brighten - Deadline: Tuesday, 8/8 @ Box in Student Lounge
Student Nurses Association of St. Luke’s School of Nursing is conducting our “Backpacks to Brighten” community service project. The students will be collecting backpacks, mom bags, lunch boxes, and school supplies for children from 3 to 18 years of age for those families who receive home visits by St. Luke’s Community Health nurses from the Visiting Nurse Association. Many of the families are underprivileged and the children do not have anything new for the first day of school. Nurses also visit young moms who are completing high school – often these moms have difficulty purchasing the supplies needed for school. Your donations will be so appreciated by the children and first time moms who are returning to high school. Children who receive the new backpacks filled with school supplies understand that they are special and that we care about them.
Thank you for your support.
2. Lehigh Valley Zoo's 8th Annual Run Wild - 8:00a, Sunday 8/20 @ Lehigh Valley Zoo
3. Run with the Heroes - 7:30a, Saturday 9/16 @ 7:30a @ Sand Island
4. 13th Annual Contemporary Issues in Trauma 2017 - 7:00a Friday 10/6 @ ArtsQuest Center
1/10/2021 07:30:39 pm
Thank yyou for sharing
Leave a Reply.
Lewis Katz SOM